21 June 2012

The Week Everything Hated Me

That would be THIS week.

Have you ever had one of those days where nothing went right and everything went wrong and you wanted to die but you couldn't and even your sentences were long and drawn out and incoherent?

My whole week has been like that, only it's not over yet. I've been contemplating digging a hole for my head because it works for large birds and I'm sure it could work for me...right?


Monday was full of cleaning and running around to get ready for my grandmother's surgery. I was so tired I could barely stand up when it was all said and done, and I'm just really thankful my sister watched the kiddo for me. I'm sure the kiddo was thankful, too, because she's been pretty bored around here lately. Mostly because she still doesn't have all of her toys back.

Tuesday was surgery day, and if you'd like to see pictures, just ask my Mom. She's amazed by them...something about technology? I don't know. I don't care, either. Torn muscles and shaved arthritis don't make me all excited and giggly.

Tuesday was also a day of sitting at the hospital doing nothing but waiting. I hate hospitals. I can work in one all day and not be bothered, but having to be there for any other reason makes me miserable. Again, thanks go out to my sister for wrangling my Munchkin.

Wednesday was...shit. Total shit. I crawled into bed late in the morning, woke up about an hour later, and the day got worse from there.

Since my truck was 30 minutes away in Athens, I had to take my Mom's car to pick up the kiddo. And, because my luck sucks and obviously I didn't have anything better to do, the starter messed up. I was stuck at my sister's all day. Nothing would get that thing to start. NOTHING.

Well, when I say nothing, I really mean nothing while I was there would make it start. It started up just fine after I got home, took care of some things for my grandparents, and wanted to take a nap. THEN it started. It was delivered back home, and plans were made to fix it today.

Today? Today was the PT meeting. Today was also another day of no sleep. It's now time to get everything ready for the trip to Louisiana, which includes doing stuff to BOTH vehicles, running errands, doing laundry, helping out as much as I can so my Grampa and my Mom don't have as much to do, and possibly hiding in my closet again with wine and Xanax.

Don't act like you don't do it, too.



Also, today over at Mama Pop, I wrote a little something about CBS being cray-cray: 'Dancing on the Stars' Is An Actual Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment